Summer Internship Posting: Cultural Heritage Library Intern at the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the U.S. Department of State
|October 29, 2019||Posted by David Ratzan under Job Postings, Professional Development|
The Cultural Heritage Center in the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the U.S. Department of State is recruiting an intern for Summer 2020. This is an unpaid position based in Washington, D.C. We are looking for a student with background in Library Sciences to create a collections management strategy for the Center’s small research library, which is focused on archaeology and art history materials. This will include:
- Inventorying the collection
- Re-organizing the materials within the allotted space
- Devising a management strategy for material “check-out” and “check-in”
- Suggesting methods for long-term management and collections strategy
- Other duties as assigned, related to the work of the Cultural Heritage Center
In addition, an internship at the U.S. Department of State provides students with valuable opportunities to gain substantive learning experiences in a foreign affairs environment. More information is available here: https://openopps.usajobs.gov/internships/1246?fromSearch
Please pass this opportunity along to any interested students.
Thanks so much for your time,
Senior Analyst, Cultural Property
Cultural Heritage Center (ECA/P/C)
U.S. Department of State
Contractor, Tatitlek Technologies, Inc.
202-632-6368 * www.culturalheritage.state.gov